Privacy & Security Policy (119K)
Definitions In this Policy:
- “InterMed” is InterMed Medical Limited, InterMed Medical Pty Ltd and InterMed Group Holdings Ltd and also referred to with the words “we”, “us” and “our”;
- “policy” means the privacy and security policy set out below;
- “Privacy Act” means the Privacy Act 2020 in New Zealand and the Privacy Act 1988 in Australia; and
- “Website” means our website and any of our online tools or applications.
InterMed recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. Please read this policy carefully as it sets out our approach in relation to the management of personal information, including how we collect personal information, the purposes for which we use this information and to whom this information is disclosed.
In order to provide you with our products and services, including processing any orders you make through our website, we need to hold and process your personal information. By providing personal information to us for this purpose, and/or in using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this policy. If you choose not to provide us with personal information this may impact the extent to which we can provide our services to you.
When we talk about "personal information" we mean information or opinion about you which you have provided to us, you authorised us to collect from others or third parties who are authorised to disclose information about you to us. A reference to "personal information" in this policy also includes any information or opinion relating to your health or disability.
We may collect contact details including your name, occupation, address, email address, phone and fax numbers and your date of birth. We may collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with InterMed. If you purchase products from us, we may also collect certain transactional information and financial details to process the transaction.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, InterMed may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Collection of your information
InterMed collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for or directly related to our functions and activities as a provider of medical devices. In some cases, we are required by law to collect personal information in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as responding to safety concerns about our products.
Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only collect health information about you with your consent and we will only use that information for the purpose for which it was collected. In some circumstances, we may collect your health information through third parties (e.g. from health care professionals, such as clinicians, who are treating you). We will only do this if you have consented or where otherwise permitted or required by law.
How we will use your information
InterMed will use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected as outlined in this policy or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection, which includes the following purposes:
- for our day-to-day business operations and to interact and carry out transactions with you or your organisation;
- in the course of the sale, distribution or provision of medical devices to you or your organisation;
- in the course of providing support services in relation to those medical devices;
- to respond to your inquiries and requests;
- to provide you with information regarding our products and services via email alerts, SMS or post;
- for the purposes of any required financial disclosure reporting;
- to verify your identity;
- to assess any credit account application you make;
- for business records keeping purposes as required by any applicable laws or internal business policies;
- for employment related reasons;
- for internal business purposes, such as improving our products and services offerings including and providing you with offerings about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- for compliance with regulatory requirements, such as maintaining a record of medical queries, complaints, adverse events and recalls relating to our products;
- any other purpose to which you provide express consent; and
- any other purpose required and permitted by law.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where you have consented to us doing so or it is otherwise permitted by law. Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting goods or services to you and to provide you with special offers. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, fax, telephone, email or SMS. You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change your contact preferences, by contacting us (see contact details below).
Disclosing personal information
In order to provide you with our products and services, we may need to disclose your information to third parties including:
- manufacturers and suppliers (in New Zealand or Australia or elsewhere overseas, as necessary) of any of our products that you or your organisation have purchased;
- professional advisers, including lawyers, insurers, financial institutions, accountants and auditors;
- third party service providers (in New Zealand or Australia or elsewhere overseas, as necessary) such as IT services, data analysis, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, courier companies, electronic data storage, transmission and management, payment and credit card processing, and other such services; and
- government and regulatory authorities, where we are required to disclose personal information by law.
We may also disclose information about you to anyone you authorise us to disclose that information to.
We take our data storage and website security seriously and will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Collection of analytics information through our website
To improve our website and our advertising, we may use patterns and other meaningful information gathered from web analytics tools. This may include traffic to, from and within our website, your mouse click activity, your IP address and other information that you voluntarily enter into the website.
Our website may use "cookies", which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing experience. Cookies may be used to personalise your visits to this website, eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of this website, evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on this website and track website usage patterns. Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, however you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
Access to and correction of your information
You are entitled to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You are also entitled to request to correct such information. In order to make such a request please contact us at our contact details set out below.
Amendments to this policy
Please take the time to review this policy regularly as we may review it and make changes to reflect changes in legislation, codes of practice, our business and the products and services we provide to you.
Queries, comments, or complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with this policy or the Privacy Act, please contact us (see details below). When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment, or complaint.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
Please contact us at:
71 Apollo Drive, Albany, Auckland 0632